Becoming a Member
Our association is made up of companies, firms, ownership, management, educational institute representatives, and hospitality students from lodging and hospitality establishments (restaurants, catering facilities, theme parks, museums, historical sites, tourist attractions, entertainment facilities, and other affiliated organizations) throughout Nassau and Suffolk counties in New York.
The LIHA provides various membership categories and pricing options, and the students of educational institute members are provided with complimentary membership.
Long Island Hospitality Association offers many different levels of membership for the organization. Based on your position in and with the hospitality industry will determine the level of membership you should apply for with the Association.
Any person, firm or corporation owning, managing or representing one or more lodging or hospitality establishments in Nassau or Suffolk Counties of the State of New York shall be eligible to apply for a full membership. Any person, firm or corporation owning, managing, operating or representing more than one lodging or hospitality establishment shall only be entitled to one full membership unless such person, firm or corporation elects to pay a full membership fee for each such lodging or hospitality establishment that shall have a full membership. Presently permitted full members and potential additional full members are hereinafter referred to collectively as “Full Members”. “Hospitality Establishments” are hereinafter defined as restaurants, catering facilities, theme parks, museums, historical sites, tourist attractions, contract services, entertainment facilities, and other affiliated organizations.
Any person, firm or corporation providing goods or services to the LIHA or any of its Full Members shall be eligible to apply for Affiliate Membership. (Such applicants accepted for Affiliate Membership are hereinafter referred to collectively as “Affiliate Members”). Affiliate Members shall be voting members, and they shall be eligible to serve as Officers or as members of the Board of Directors and shall have the right to attend all meetings of the Full Members.
Educational Institution Members
Any accredited academic institution offering programs in Hospitality related industries shall be eligible to apply for Educational Institution Membership. Hospitality faculty representatives shall be eligible to serve as Officers or as members of the Board of Directors and shall have the right to attend all meetings of the Full Members.
Students of Post-secondary Educational Institution Members are permitted to attend general meetings and have a complimentary membership with non-voting membership status.
After you become a member and pay your dues, you can rest assured that your yearly dues will be going towards great scholarship options for today’s students studying Hospitality. Here are some of the many benefits that your membership with get you with Long Island Hospitality Association:
- Recruitment of students for open positions in your operation, and free listings of available jobs on our Hospitality Careers page.
- Networking with Full Member hospitality industry operators/colleagues, Affiliate Members providing goods and services, Educational Institution Members teaching local Hospitality students, and Student Members living locally with the passion you seek in a new hire.
- Periodic emails with industry updates and relevant information to keep you aware of industry trends and local Long Island information.
- Participation in fundraising events to generate money for student scholarships for four Long Island colleges offering degrees in Hospitality.
- Learning about the goods and services provided by Affiliate members that support industry operators.
- Periodic features of our Full Members and Affiliate Members in our e-newsletter and on our website.